Proven Pittsford Lawyer Fights Intoxicated Driving Charges
Knowledgeable New York attorney effectively handles DWI cases
At the Law Office of Daniel C. Fulmer in Pittsford, I represent clients in Western New York in Driving While Intoxicated cases and have a long track record of achieving successful results. Since 1997, I have strongly advocated for my clients and have an arsenal of strategies to help you obtain the best possible outcome. Whether your arrest was based on breathalyzer results, you were held after police alleged you were swerving or you were accused of driving drunk with a minor in the car, I will use all available options to fight for your rights.
Trusted counselor helps clients fight police allegations of drunk driving
The following are some of New York’s most commonly charged alcohol-related driving offenses:
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) — Driving with blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 or higher holds the potential for jail time, a 6-month license suspension and hefty fines for a first offense.
- Aggravated DWI — Driving with a BAC of 0.18 or above could be charged as a felony.
- Leandra’s Law —Driving while legally intoxicated or impaired with a minor under the age of 16 inside your vehicle is a felony punishable up to four years in prison.
- Driving While Ability Impaired (DWAI) — A traffic infraction for driving with a BAC between 0.05 and 0.08 can have serious consequences, particularly if you have other violations.
Each of these offenses can have significant implications for your life, and I will work to present the best possible defense to help you avoid unjust punishment.
Accomplished advocate defends motorists against drug impaired driving charges
Driving while impaired by medication, controlled substances or a combination of drugs and alcohol is also illegal in New York. A DWAI drug charge is serious, and an experienced attorney is essential to contest the prosecutor’s case effectively. Unlike alcohol offenses, there is no roadside test to detect and measure these substances in your system. Consequently, it is often easier to challenge claims of impairment. In addition, you have the right refuse a chemical test of your blood or urine, though that does result in an automatic license suspension. I have extensive knowledge of all laws related to DWAI drug offenses and will vigorously fight for you during negotiations with prosecutors, and in court.
Dedicated law firm uses all available defenses to contest your case
Police and prosecutors often claim cases are open and shut, but there are many defenses that could be applicable, including:
- Failure to properly calibrate a breathalyzer
- Failure to inform about chemical test refusal penalties
- Medical conditions that mirror DWI impairment
- Improper administration of standardized field sobriety tests
- Lack of reasonable suspicion for the stop and lack of probable cause for the arrest
These defenses apply regardless of whether you have prior convictions and can make a huge difference in the outcome of your case. I will thoroughly investigate your situation and do everything possible to obtain a favorable result.
Contact an experienced New York attorney to schedule a free consultation
At the Pittsford-based Law Office of Daniel C. Fulmer, I represent clients throughout Western New York who have been accused of DWI or DWAI. Call 585-504-7523 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation at my Pittsford office.